Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Untitled Poem

I wrote this years ago after I lost a very close friend and decided to share. I thought it would be a nice change of pace from all the fiction I post here. If you're going to share this elsewhere, please give credit where credit is due, thank you.




UNTITLED POEM
By
Daniel Skye


My eyes well up and the tears start to flow

I’m so sad to see you go

It’s never easy to say goodbye

When strangers ask if I’m crying, I lie and say, “I’ve just got something in my eye”

If I had known then what I know today

I wouldn’t have been so far away

But that’s the mystery of life, I guess you can say

You wake up never knowing that today can be your last day

So cherish the time you have to spare

And let the ones that matter know you care


In memory of a true friend

R.I.P. Joseph Sargent
 

No comments:

Post a Comment